Valpo Encourages Residents to Report Streetlights

rot3The City of Valparaiso is encouraging residents to report streetlight outages to maximize safety and visibility citywide. “As winter begins to draw to a close, streetlights have been on for longer periods of darkness. We realize that there are streetlights that need attention and we ask residents to help us in locating them,” said Matt Evans, Public Works Director. NIPSCO maintains many residential light poles and there’s an easy way to let them know of problems. To report an outage, visit: The site asks for the pole number (general this is clearly marked on the pole), or the closest address, or you may zoom into an online map to identify the light.

If the pole lacks the NIPSCO marking or cannot be located on the NIPSCO website, call Valparaiso Public Works at 219-462-4612. “Well lit streets are safer streets. We can all do our part by reporting outages,” said Evans.