On Thursday, May 7 8:30 am - 1 pm at St. Mary Medical Center's Auditorium and Conference Rooms, take part in the Stroke Symposium!
This event is FREE, but registration is necessary in advance. Please call 219-836-3477 or toll free at 1-866-836-3477.
Stroke education booths will be provided by a variety of healthcare specialists and leaders in the areas of stroke prevention, detection and treatment. Raffle prizes and refreshments will be available as well!
- 9 am - Stroke is an Emergency, Hansa Sawlani, MD, St. Mary Medical Center Emergency Department
- 9:30 am - Cardiology Related to Stroke, Zlatan Stepanovic, M.D., Medical Director ICU, Director Heart Failure Clinic
- 10:30 am - Stroke 101 Mark Simaga, M.D., Neurologist, Medical Director of the Stroke Center
- 11:30 am - Hemorragic Stroke, Ankit Mehta, M.D., Neurosurgery, St. Mary Medical Center
- 12:15 pm - Rehabilitation after Stroke, Acute Rehabilitation Team, St. Medical Center
- 12:45 pm - Get Your Plate in Shape, Chef Ryan C. Smith, Production Supervisor/Chef
Free Health Screenings: Lipid Profile Screening*, A1-C Glucose Screening, Body Composition, Blood Pressure *(12 hour fasting recommended).