The South Shore Line expands its Teachers Appreciation Week to include a contest for free field trip transportation for 3 winning teachers.
In an effort to celebrate teachers and express appreciation, the South Shore Line (SSL) recently announced Teacher Appreciation Week, where all teachers with a valid school ID are invited to ride the train for free on all off-peak weekday and weekend trains from Monday, August 1, through Sunday, August 7. Off-peak weekday trains arrive to Millennium Station after 9:30 a.m. CST and depart Millennium Station before 3:30 p.m. CST and after 6:30 p.m. CST.
In addition to free rides for teachers, SSL just expanded Teacher Appreciation Week to include an essay contest to win free field trip transportation for the winning teachers and their classes.
To win free field trip transportation, educators are asked to submit a 1-3 paragraph essay focusing on what they did during the day they utilized the free train service. They are encouraged to share the highlights of their trip and what the most interesting or educational portion was. Photos are a bonus and may be shared on social media.
All essays must be submitted by August 10, and the three winners will be contacted via email and announced on social media.
Guidelines are as follows:
- All submissions must include the educator’s name, school, grade(s) they currently teach and email address.
- The essay must include a 1-3 paragraph(s) description of the trip and the most interesting or educational portion. Photos are encouraged and may be shared on SSL social media.
- Email essays to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Teachers Ride Free Essay”
- Only one submission per educator is allowed.
- The field trip must occur during the 2016/2017 school year.
*Disclaimer: Essays will be accepted from August 1 through August 10, 2016. The winner will be contacted through email and announced on social media. Email address will be added to receive news and updates from SSL.
The South Shore Line is a commuter rail line operated by the Northern Indiana Commuter Transportation District (NICTD) between Millennium Station in downtown Chicago and the South Bend International Airport in South Bend, Indiana.