Shawn Nova, a long distance runner, is currently raising money for Opportunity Enterprises' Early Intervention Program "All About Kids". Since we here at the Bargain Barn are huge supporters of OE, a raffle has been created that is being hosted at the Bargain Barn, with the proceeds benefiting OE!
Shawn has donated tickets to two Chicago Cubs baseball games, 2 tickets for this Sunday, September 2 (Cubs vs. San Francisco Giants) and 2 tickets for Sunday, September 16 (Cubs vs. Pittsburgh Pirates). Raffle tickets are $5 each, available about the Bargain Barn. You do not need to be present to win! The winner for the first set of tickets will be drawn on Friday, August 31. At 12:01 pm, tickets will start selling for the second drawing, to be held at noon on September 14.
Shawn will also be running on the 2012 OE Marathon Team in the Bank of America Chicago Marathon. Donations can be made online at www.active.com/donate/oerunners2012/SNova2012.
- $1 per mile (total gift $26.20) will purchase supplies and equipment for one therapist to take on home visits.
- $2 per mile (total gift $52.40) will purchase a hand splint to help a child improve their fine motor skill.
- $3 per mile (total gift $78.60) will pay for one hour of speech therapy for a child.
- $4 per mile (total gift $104.80) will purchase a weighted vest or blanket for an autistic child with sensory issues.
- $5 per mile (total gift $131.00) will allow one child to participate in group activities twice a week for one month.
- $10 per mile (total gift $262.00) will purchase one hour of developmental, occupational, and physical therapy for one child.
- $20 per mile (total gift $520.00) will purchase therapeutic listening tools for children with an auditory processing disorder.