Porter Regional Hospital has announced updated visitor restrictions. Effective on Tuesday, March 17 visiting hours have been suspended in all areas at Porter Regional Hospital and Portage Hospital with the following exceptions.
Patients in these areas may have one visitor at any given time:
- Emergency Department
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) - must be a parent
- Pediatrics Unit
- Labor & Delivery Unit
- Patients at end of life
Patients in other areas may not have visitors at this time.
Further, at Porter Regional Hospital visitors may use the main entrance and the Emergency Department entrance. At Portage Hospital, visitors may use the Emergency Department (North) entrance.
- No one with respiratory illness symptoms or fever is allowed to visit
- No one under the age of 18 is allowed to visit (identification may be requested).
- No one who has traveled internationally or been in contact with someone with a respiratory illness in the past 14 days is allowed to visit.
- Other visitor restrictions may be added as the situation evolves. Visitors are advised to talk with staff upon arrival.
The organization is constantly evaluating recommendations from the CDC and Indiana State Health Department and making changes accordingly.