We are currently seeking talented, caring, and compassionate individuals for positions in our before & after school program, Y-Care. Shifts are from 6:30am - 8:30am and 3:00pm - 6:00pm. Submit resumes and employment applications to Apply@ymcaofportage.org or turn into the Welcome Center at the Y.
- At least 18 years of age
- At least one year of experience is required
- High school diploma
- Trainings must include: Advanced CPR & First Aid, Universal Precautions, Child abuse Prevention training, and 12 credit hours of additional training, 6 of which must be outside the YMCA.
- Annual TB test
- FBI Fingerprint background check required by state of Indiana
- Ability to instruct and observe participants in afterschool program.
- Ability to lift equipment, and to lift a small to average size child if necessary.
- Ability to plan, instruct and participate in activities with participants.
The PORTAGE TOWNSHIP YMCA is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring or other terms or conditions of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age or any other status protected by law.