Portage Township Schools will be hosting its annual Kindergarten Round-Up event on April 7. All children in Portage Township who will turn five years old on or before August 1, 2021 are invited to attend kindergarten in the 2021-2022 school year.
Families can begin registering their incoming kindergarten students beginning March 10 by visiting the district’s website at www.portage.k12.in.us and clicking on the Kindergarten Round-Up Information link. Those who need computer assistance in order to complete the online registration may contact the school and complete the online registration at Kindergarten Round-Up on April 7.
Once registration has been completed, families must call their child’s future school to sign up for an appointment for Kindergarten Round-Up on April 7. Appointments are available from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m., and 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Students should attend with their families to meet their teachers, learn more about our Kindergarten program, schedule their Kindergarten Assessment, and receive a Bright Beginnings backpack. Families should bring the following registration items to their Kindergarten Round-Up appointment:
● Board of Health Birth Certificate
● Proof of Immunizations (Board of Health or Physician Verified)
● Social Security Number, if available
● Guardianship Papers, if applicable
● Parent/Guardian state or federal photo ID
● Proof of residency (choose 2 from the options below)
● Current lease agreement
● Current mortgage papers
● Current NIPSCO bill
● Current water and/or sewer bill
● Another bill with the phone mailing address
● Home telephone or cellular telephone bill with the home mailing address ● Affidavit of Residency (notarized), if applicable (to be submitted annually) ● Indiana Department of Education form I, II, or III (for can be picked up at your child’s school)
Questions may be directed to your child’s future school or to email@example.com.