IU and IU Northwest faculty to offer economic forecasts and perspectives
The Lake County Advancement Committee is pleased to announce its annual Economic Outlook panel to be held virtually on Friday, November 13, from noon to 1:30 p.m. The Indiana University Kelley School of Business, in collaboration with the IU Northwest School of Business and Economics, will offer forecasts and perspectives on the global, national, state, and Lake County Metro economies, as well as the financial markets. The event is part of the IU faculty Indiana Business Outlook Panel Tour. Attendance is free and open to the public.
New this year is the addition of a local “C-suite” member of the business community to offer perspectives and responses to the forecast.
There will also be a Q&A session to answer attendee questions. Following is a list of the panelists.
- Ryan Brewer, Associate Professor of Finance, MBA Director – IUPUC
- Sreenivas Kamma, Associate Professor of Finance – IU Bloomington
- Ellie Mafi-Kreft, Clinical Assistant Professor of Business Economics – IU Bloomington
- Micah Pollak, Associate Professor of Economics–IU Northwest
- Phil T. Powell, Clinical Associate Professor and Associate Dean of Academic Programs–Indianapolis
- Cynthia S. Roberts, Dean, School of Business and Economics–IU Northwest
- John Rowady, CEO and Founder, rEvolution
Due to COVID restrictions, the event will be held via webinar at no charge. Committee chair Ana Grandfield noted, “We are pleased that IU sought to virtually present this program as it has always been much anticipated by our attendees.”
Dean Roberts added, “This year has been a challenging one for the economy and there are many unknowns heading into 2021. We look forward to once again bringing together a diverse set of expert perspectives about what’s ahead for the region and beyond.”
To learn more and register, visit the IU Northwest Center for Economic Education & Research website.