Editorial Design Assistant:
This position supports multiple areas in our hyper-local, fast-paced content creation and news company. It requires attention to detail, the ability to balance multiple projects at once, and the flexibility to readily switch between high and low priority items. The ideal candidate will support the company’s mission of delivering all positive, only positive news online and socially to the Northwest Indiana region. This person should have the ability to work fluidly throughout the company in support of several different areas. Must have a willingness to learn new things and implement design skills. At times this position requires evening and weekend attention.
Main Job Responsibilities:
- Graphic design projects include:
- Ads, posters, media kits, flyers, infographics, and promotional graphics for social media and articles
- Client communication and maintenance through email, phone and social media
- Working with local and online print services and preparing documents for print
- Misc. admin tasks
- Collecting and analyzing website statistics and other in office reports
- Successfully processing content across multiple web & social media channels
- Occasional coverage of events, including writing and photography (training available)
- Extensive knowledge of all programs within Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to balance multiple projects, flexibility to switch between high and low priority items and attention to detail
- Knowledge of Adobe Premiere and video editing a plus
- Microsoft office – Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook; utilizing & troubleshooting issues
- Familiarity with and willingness to work in Google Docs
- Ability to utilize all social media platforms.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic working knowledge of HTML/CSS preferred
- Photography skills/general camera knowledge a plus
- Basic knowledge of Word Press & Joomla preferred
*We are not able to offer healthcare benefits currently.
*We do offer paid vacation, paid holidays, paid sick time and annual merit pay increases.
*This is an entry level position
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org