Welcome to the April Holladay Properties company newsletter! We have so much to share this month and we hope you enjoy reading all of our news, including updates on our current and upcoming projects, new contracts and leases throughout the company, employee updates, and recent community service and support activities our staff have been involved in.
Remember that you can get even more news and insights from our various social media channels, including LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook. Finally, we always welcome your insights on our newsletter via any of our channels or by replying to this email. Thank you and enjoy!
- 58/Bahr at Central State - Our Indianapolis office has announced a new development at the Central State redevelopment project in downtown Indianapolis - 58/Bahr at Central State, a new $15 million housing community that will include 30 single-family homes and 20 town homes. Development of the new housing community will be led by M/I Homes Inc., an Ohio-based home builder.
- WoodSpring Suites - Merrillville - Holladay Properties has closed on the acquisition of 1500 East 83rd Avenue in Merrillville, Ind. The 4.82 acre parcel is the site of the old Club 83, which has been closed for several years. Holladay's Northwest Indiana office is currently working on plans to demolish the existing building and use 2.4 acres on the west side of the site to develop and build a new four-story, 123-room WoodSpring Suites extended stay hotel. This project will be Holladay's sixth WoodSpring Suites branded hotel to break ground, and the first to be developed in Indiana.
- The Gillespie Conference & Special Event Center - Holladay Properties' South Bend office has completed a renovation at the Gillespie Conference & Special Event Center, located at 53995 State Road 933 in South Bend. The project included updates to the pre-function space, restrooms, and the ballroom. Continue reading...
- The Promenade at Founders Square - Cabinets have arrived at Holladay's $40 million mixed-use residential/commercial development in Portage, IN. Building 1 welcomes its first residents in June, followed by Buildings 2 - 5 later this summer. The fitness center, community room, and other amenities will be available in July. Phase II of the project is expected to kick off this summer and includes Buildings 6 - 9, as well as the community pool.
- Tru by Hilton - Our Eastern Region development office has been working with Holladay's Hospitality division to make progress on plans for a new Tru by Hilton hotel development in Baltimore, MD. Holladay is purchasing the property at 415 S. Central Avenue where the new hotel will be built.
- WoodSpring Suites Tinley Park - Holladay's newest operating hotel, WoodSpring Suites - Tinley Park, held a Grand Opening/Ribbon Cutting Ceremony on April 18. View photos from the event on our Facebook page by clicking this link.
Management & Operations News
Contract & Lease Announcements:
- The Reece Commercial/Holladay Properties partnership in the Kansas City region is pleased to announce a new management contract with SMD, LLC for the WestGlen Eyecare Center located at 16200-16202 Midland Drive in Shawnee, KS. The facility is also home to Everfit, LLC, a class-based fitness studio designed to blend fun and health. Terry Moody with Reece Commercial Brokerage procured the management contract, and Sara Madson of Holladay Properties will manage the facility. For additional information regarding Reece Commercial/Holladay Properties full service management opportunities, contact Kelly Manion at 615-312-4652.
- We are pleased to announce that Big Time Burgers & Brew has signed a lease at our 271,706 square foot mixed-use development: The Promenade at Founders Square. The new restaurant concept is being developed by a group of experienced restaurateurs who created Gastro 49 Pub & Eatery in Chesterton, Ind. Big Time Burgers & Brew will offer a selection of local craft beers paired with a variety of gourmet burgers, sandwiches and salads. The restaurant will join the Greater Portage Chamber of Commerce in leasing one of the many ground-floor retail spaces the Promenade at Founders Square has to offer and are expected to move in when Phase I of construction is completed this summer. For leasing information please contact Michael O'Connor at 219-764-3104.
- Our Portage office has sold a 3.1 acre land site at AmeriPlex at the Crossroads in Merrillville, Ind. to Williams Eye Institute, an ophthalmology practice that will provide ophthalmology and optometry services including out-patient surgery. The site is located near the corner of 98th Avenue and Broadway at 9797 Massachusetts Drive. The Purchaser was represented by David Lasser of Commercial In-Sites. For information about land purchase or development opportunities at AmeriPlex at the Crossroads, please contact Michael O'Connor at 219-764-3104.
Promotions & New Hires:
- Holladay Properties would like to welcome David Holt to our Indianapolis office as Senior Vice President of Development & Community Affairs. Holt joined Holladay on April 2 and will be responsible for the development of World Connect @ IND, as well as various other development projects in the region, including NorthPoint in Westfield, IN. Holt is well known in the real estate industry and brings a variety of experience to his role with Holladay, including previous roles with Conexus Indiana, the Indiana Chamber of Commerce, and service in Washington D.C. Continue reading...
- Our Indiana Property Management team is pleased to welcome Cara Pagels as Residential Property Manager for the Burlington Station project in Downers Grove, IL. A Downers Grove resident, Pagels will be responsible for leasing during the construction period and then operations of Holladay's new, 89-unit luxury residential community.
- It is always bittersweet when a employee steps into the next phase of his or her life: retirement. That is just what Tim Baker did at the end of March. After serving the company for 22 years, Tim stepped down from his long-held role as Senior Vice President of Asset Management, transitioning into a new role as a company investor. Continue reading...
A Personal Story:
- Jeff Lindamood, a Maintenance Technician at our South Bend, IN office, recently fought a brave battle with pancreatic cancer. After a serious surgery to remove part of his pancreas, stomach, and intestines, as well as months of chemotherapy, Jeff is cancer free. Continue reading...
- Administrative Assistant/Receptionist - South Bend, IN
- Grounds Crew Member - Indianapolis, IN
- IT Assistant - South Bend, IN
- Grounds Crew Member - Portage, IN
- Maintenance Technician - Portage, IN
Holladay in the Community
- Holladay was proud to once again be an underwriting sponsor of the NAIOP/ULI University Challenge, where students from Ball State University, Butler University, Indiana State University, Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis and University of Indianapolis compete for the Wally F. Holladay Entrepreneurial Excellence Award and a $5,000 Scholarship provided by the Opus Foundation. Continue reading...
- Holladay Properties partnered with American Red Cross for a blood drive on Friday, March 24. The mobile blood drive bus parked in front of Holladay's main office (Nashville, TN) and was open to the employees of the AmeriPlex at Elm Hill business park. The drive collected 15 units and had three first-time donors.
- On March 16, the Madness was felt in the main Nashville office with a Hoops Contest for a Cause. With a $5 entry fee, employees participated in a bracket-style tournament to shoot basketball hoops in an over-the-door hoop that was set up in the Board Room. The money raised from entries and other contributions was donated to Give Me 10, a nonprofit community led movement to address the issue of hunger among children in East Nashville.
- On April 7, our Eastern Region office sponsored and participated in the 2018 Baltimore City State Attorney's 5k Fund Run for Victim's Assistance, an event which raises money for the Crime Victim's Emergency Fund. Senior Vice President Austin Haynes pulled together a team of four and gathered with others in Druid Hill Park to run the 5K in support of the Crime Victim's Emergency Fund, which provides victims of domestic violence, robbery, assault and child abuse in the community with immediate care and assistance.
Recognizing our People in the Community - Candace Rodman
Candace Rodman, a Property Manager for Holladay's Columbia, MO office, is the Chairperson for Columbia's chapter of the Huntington's Disease Society of America (HSDA). HSDA is dedicated to improving the lives of everyone affected by Huntington's disease by providing community services, education, advocacy and research.
"A number of family members including my father (it's genetic) have suffered from and passed away from HD because there is no cure," said Rodman. "So, every year I organize a 5k run to raise money for research to find a cure and to raise awareness throughout the community."
The Team Hope Walk Columbia, MO is taking place on June 9, 2018. Rodman has organized a team for the event in addition to her duties as Chairperson for HDSA Columbia. Team Hope is HDSA's largest national fundraising event.
Huntington's disease is a fatal genetic disorder that causes the progressive breakdown of nerve cells in the brain. It deteriorates a person's physical and mental abilities during their prime working years and has no cure. HD is known as the quintessential family disease because every child of a parent with HD has a 50/50 chance of carrying the faulty gene. Today, there are 30,000 symptomatic Americans and more than 200,000 at-risk of inheriting the disease.
Rodman's team for the Team Hope Walk is currently seeking donations as well as participants. Visit the HDSA Donor Site to learn more.