Executive Team Assistant
GreatNews.Life - publishers of Valpo.Life, Portage.Life, LaPorteCounty.Life, and NWI.Life- is seeking a full-time Executive Team Assistant at the company's Valparaiso office. This person will be the primary support person for the company’s Founder and Executive Director. Applicants should have experience as an executive or administrative assistant and be able to think quickly and critically to support the fast-paced nature of the team while anticipating the needs of the company’s leaders. This is an entry-level position.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Communication – calling, emailing, Facebook messaging, texting, and frequent in-person meetings alongside company leaders. Capturing what happens in meetings and effectively creating follow-up and other communications as a result. We communicate in whatever method necessary for the partner and the purpose.
- Writing – putting into words the actions and guidance of the Founder and Executive Director, with occasional guidance from the editorial team.
- Sales Support – setting up meetings and using social media effectively for marketing and research. Supporting the executive team in creating reports and other communications in assisting account management.
- Scheduling – maintaining schedules for the Founder & Executive Director, anticipating their scheduling and meeting preparation needs.
- Support – providing general administrative support that could include, but is not limited to, writing business communications, fielding phone calls, printing and collating sales packets, coordinating business lunches, etc.
- At least one year of proven experience as an executive assistant or other relevant administrative support experience
- At least one year of client relationship management preferred, but not required
- Proficiency in Google Drive (including Google Docs, Sheets, Hangouts, and others) and Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial environment with idea-makers, creatives, and quick thinkers
- Ability to organize and prioritize daily work
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills
- Ability to anticipate the needs of the executive team and act accordingly
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Professional-level verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in or proven experience utilizing common social media tools i.e., Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Twitter
- Proficiency in utilizing technology e.g., using a cell phone to capture photos/video, ability to learn new software and/or content creation tools
- The drive and ability to meet high expectations
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed for a real time online news media company
This is a unique full-time, entry-level role that requires an individual who is tenacious, eager, and capable to work side-by-side with leaders. This position will require an individual willing and able to absorb information from the company’s leaders and translate that into whatever it takes to create a smooth, organized, daily workflow for them.
Please send a detailed cover letter explaining why you are suited to serve in this role and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.