Hello Willowcreek Family. This is Ms Stewart and here is the Friday Focus message for this week. There are 8 items of interest to follow. If you miss any part of this message, please visit the Willowcreek website where it will be printed in its entirety.
1. Our 8th grade dinner dance is Tuesday, May 25. There is no cost for this event. 8th graders will be served a delicious, catered meal by our wonderful parent servers. Doors open at 5:30. The dance ends at 8:00. A professional photographer will be on hand to capture the evening for our kids. Please remember this is NOT a prom – school dress code does apply – all tops must have sleeves and no holes will be allowed above the knee.
2. An orientation night for 5th graders who will be attending Willowcreek next year for the first time will be held on Wednesday, May 26 from 6-7. New students and their parents will be able to meet Mr. Misecko, Mrs. Vidt and myself – hear from the student council – and take a walk around the building. If you have a current 5th grader or know of one in the neighborhood, be sure to tell them about this evening.
3. All medications left over in the clinic must be picked up by a parent or guardian no later than Friday, June 4th at the end of the school day. Any meds left in the clinic at that date will be properly disposed of.
4. Friday, May 28 is our final picnic day of the year. We will be distributing yearbooks that were pre-paid at that time. If you did not purchase a yearbook through the advanced order method, a limited supply will be available for $40.00 on a first come, first serve basis beginning Tuesday, June 1. Checks can be made out to Willowcreek School.
5. Boys and Girls Club will be closed beginning next week from May 24 to June 4 for cleaning and repair. Students will not be able to go there after school. Please be sure you have communicated to your child to go straight home after school.
6. Student athletic physicals will be offered at a greatly reduced cost on June 2nd and 3rd from 6:00 to 8:00 at the PHSE gym. These physicals will cost $20.00 and will cover your child for any athletic activity during the 2010-11 school year.
7. Our lost and found pile is huge! Please instruct your child to look for lost items or feel free to come to Willowcreek yourself. Any items remaining in lost and found at the end of the year will be donated to charity.
8. The Spring Choir Festival will take place on Thursday, May 27 at 7:30. This event is held in the main gym at Portage High School East.
Thank you and have a great weekend.