Department : Radiology Administration
Scheduled Weekly Hours : 40
Shift : Alternating
Schedule : Regular Full time
Work From Home : No
Franciscan Health Michigan City Campus
3500 Franciscan Way
Michigan City, Indiana 46360
WHO WE ARE
With 12 ministries and access points across Indiana and Illinois, Franciscan Health is one of the largest Catholic health care systems in the Midwest. Franciscan Health takes pride in hiring coworkers that provide compassionate, comprehensive care for our patients and the communities we serve.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- Prepare contrast material intravenously or orally for Diagnostic Radiology procedures under the supervision of the radiologist in order to perform diagnostic procedures
- Document patient's clinical history on requisitions in order to provide clinical information for radiologist reporting.
- Maintain confidentiality of information and treats all patients with respect and compassion in order to provide high quality care and customer satisfaction.
- Stock and prepare the exam room and equipment for patients according to established protocols and maintains orderliness and cleanliness of the Radiology Department in order to assure a clean and professional environment for the patients.
- Consult with physicians and nursing personnel and reviews patient charts regarding history and procedure in order to provide a clinical history.
- Acquires diagnostic images and transfers images to PACS for the radiologist review and reporting in order to provide documentation of procedures and timely reports.
- Associate's Degree Preferred
- Certificate Required and
- 1 year Radiology Required or
- None New grad from AMA approved school, certification within 6 months of hire Required
- Radiology Student Permit - Radiology Student Permit Required or
- Radiography (ARRT-R) - . Required and
- Basic Life Support Program (BLS) - American Heart Association Required and
- X-Ray Operators (OPCERT) - . Required
TRAVEL IS REQUIRED: Up to 20%
To further Franciscan Alliance's commitment to provide and maintain a safe and healthy workplace and prevent the spread of COVID-19 among our coworkers and their families; our patients, visitors, and vendors, and the community at large all Franciscan workforce members must be vaccinated, unless granted an exemption. We are committed to making the communities we serve healthier.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Franciscan Alliance to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by an applicable local, state or Federal law.
Franciscan Alliance reserves a Right of Conscience objection in the event local, state or Federal ordinances that violate its values and the free exercise of its religious rights.
Franciscan Alliance is committed to equal employment opportunity.