A plan to align Northwest Indiana high school outcomes with the needs of economic and workforce development has been realized! The Regional Education/Employer Alliance for Development Youth of Northwest Indiana (ReadyNWI) will provide information on the Ready to Work-Ready to Hire: College & Career Readiness Plan for Northwest Indiana.
- Date: Tuesday, August 14, 2012
- Time: 1:00-2:00 p.m.
- Location: The Center of Workforce Innovations 2804 Boilermaker Court—Valparaiso, Indiana
- Contact: 219-462-2940, ext. 22
What the plan includes:
- The BIG goal (to be announced at press conference)
- Recommendations to strengthen the assessment system for grades 7-12 to align with business expectations Ensuring rigor in awarding college credits (dual credits) while students are in high school, guaranteeing they are ready for college-level work
- Accelerate attaining degrees and industry certifications
- Importance of alliances among post-secondary education, businesses, economic and workforce development organizations, employers, and local elected officials to fulfill the plan
ReadyNWI is composed of leaders across seven counties and they are working on a plan to transform our high school systems to ensure youth are prepared for college and careers, which are no longer mutually exclusive. This alliance of employers, educators, economic developers and local elected officials is committed to making sure each young person in Northwest Indiana has the best chance and opportunity for success. The planning initiative for the ReadyNWI Ready to Work-Ready to Hire plan was funded through the Lumina Foundation.
For further information about ReadyNWI or for a copy of the plan, visit www.readynwi.com or call the Center of Workforce Innovations at 219-462-2940. For information regarding The Center of Workforce Innovations, visit www.innovativeworkforce.com or call 219-462-2940.