For over 50 years Mental Health America of Porter County has sponsored the giftLIFT Program, providing a lift with a gift to community members in need whose lives are impacted by mental health. In 2012 over 2000 gifts made the holidays brighter for 560 individuals and families. Mary Hodson, executive director is seeing an increased need for basic items. “Wishes include socks, toiletries and gift cards to purchase food. It is heartwarming to see the wishes filled by our generous community members—still wishes remain to be filled.” Hodson shares the following ways you can help make these simple wishes come true.
Send a monetary donation to help fill the wishes left unfilled. Our elves will do the shopping for you. Send your tax deductible donation to Mental Health America of Porter County at 402 E. Indiana Ave., Valparaiso, Indiana 46383.
Visit one of the following businesses through December 17th and choose a tag from the giftLIFT tree to purchase a gift.
- Chicago Street Theatre - 154 Chicago Street, Valparaiso
- Jewel-Osco - 747 Indian Boundary Road, Chesterton
- Town & Country Foods at these locations: 1605 Calumet-Valparaiso & 6046 Central Ave.- Portage
- Regional Federal Credit Union - 2801 Boilermaker Court –Valparaiso
- Strack & Van Til at these locations: 2168 US 30 & 2800 North Calumet- Valparaiso
- Porter-Starke Services 601 Wall Street - Valparaiso
- Wal-Mart- 2400 E. Morthland Dr.- Valparaiso
Volunteer to help with gift wrapping and sorting.
Thank you for caring to share this holiday season! MHAPC has been serving Porter County for over 50 years and is a United Way Partner Agency. To learn more about our services or other ways you can help, call Mary Hodson at 219-462-6267 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.